Apr 30, 2007

Growing apart through temptations...

Okay so I have been having some friend troubles lately. Someone I know.... I can't exactly call a friend any more... has been doing thigs that I don't really want to get into. She just doesn't get it and is making me feel semi-bad about it. I talked to my old seminary teacher (Brother Beckert) and he gave me this analogy:
Your friend is in quick sand. Now you don't want to just jump right on in head first and get caught in the process. So what you do is you reach out a helping hand while keeping yourself steady at the same time.
I loved that and it helped a lot. I also fasted yesterday about it and pretty much got the same answer. I know that I can't be very close to her anymore, but what I do know that I need to help her by not completely excluding her out of my life. This has probably been one of the hardest things for me to do because we were friends for quite a while. In the sixth grade the only people I really knew were those who were in my elementary school that I was pretty good friends with then. Of course that was only about three to four people. I then meet the friend who I have been talking about through this whole post. We became friends instantly. Nothing tore us apart really until this whole shindig thing happened. It's sad to see a close friend get entangled into those kind of temptations when none of her other friends at school did that sort of stuff. I know that this will be hard to do but I know that we both will probably make the choices that will better our lives through this.

1 comment:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Sorry about the friend troubles Katy. It is sad to lose a friend but your seminary teacher is right. You want to make sure you are strong.