Day 3- A picture of me and my friends.This is a picture of my friends in my Dance 241 class. This picture was taken on Thursday. We dressed up for Halloween and had a lot of fun. They are some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life.
Day 4- A habit I wish I didn't have.
Oh my I have a lot of habits that I wish I didn't have. I wish I didn't have the habit of not putting my clothes away when I first wash them. It just is more of a hassle for me to do when I don't do it rather when I put them away right from the beginning. But finding time to do that lately has been hard. I am glad that I just did it the other day. Oh how a clean room can make you feel so much better.
On a side note:
I auditioned for the Dance Education Major at BYU today. It was so much fun! We have four different departments that we had to show in. We started with a bare in Ballet (flat thank heavens) and then we learned the combination that we could pick at the end to show in smaller groups.
After the Ballet combination we did Ballroom. We learned a Samba and that was awesome! It was the first time I had ever done any Ballroom in my life! It was very fun. I like Ballroom.
We learned a Hungarian Gypsy dance for the World Dance Department section. I ended up showing that one over the Contemporary combination we learned at the end. The Hungarian Gypsy dance was the easiest for me to pick up because it had a lot of rhythmic sections with the feet.... aka... I am a tapper for at least 11 years so rhythms are not that hard for me.
We also learned a locomotor (across the floor) combination and we got to add our own little flare at the end with an air moment of our choice. I got a lot of air and it felt nice to just do a combo like that.
We showed the piece we had chosen and then were excused until they posted the list of the Call backs, automatic in, and the we are sorry, try again, we would not like to see you do a solo lists. I did Dance Education and they wanted to see us do our own choreography so we all had to do a call back. I had changed my song because I needed one to just play with and have fun. I didn't want to worry so much about forgetting my choreography and totally bombing it. I improved my piece. It was good apparently.....
I got in the major in short version. haha :) I just wanted to have fun and play today and I have worked so hard my whole life to do this. I am doing what I love to do. Dancing is everything in my life so making the major is just bliss!
Oct 29, 2010
Oct 28, 2010
Okay I am a day behind because of my concert and I have to be fast right now because I have to go and finish getting ready for my show.
The meaning behind my blog title. It is my nickname. Nothing really special about it besides the fact that it is me.
The meaning behind my blog title. It is my nickname. Nothing really special about it besides the fact that it is me.
Oct 26, 2010
So my sister Gillian has this posted on her blog, and tagged me in it so I guess I should do it. Hey who knows... Maybe I will be good at doing this thing called blogging by doing this?
Each day of the month, write a blog post according to these guidelines below:
Day 1-Recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 2-The meaning behind your Blog name
Day 3-A picture of you and your friends
Day 4-A habit that you wish you didn't have
Day 5-A picture of somewhere you've been to
Day 6-Favorite super hero and why
Day 7-A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 8-Short term goals for this month and when you'll accomplish them
Day 9-Something you're proud of in the past few days
Day 10-Songs you listen to when you're bored, happy, sad, mad, hyped
Day 11-Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12-How you found out about blogger and why you have one
Day 13-A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14-'A picture of you and your family
Day 15-Put your ipod or shuffle on-first 10 songs that play
Day 16-Another picture of yourself
Day 17-Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18-Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day 19-Nicknames you have and why you have them
Day 20-Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future
Day 21-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22-What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23-Something you crave for a lot
Day 24-A letter to your parents
Day 25-What I would find in your bag
Day 26-What do you think about your friends
Day 27-Why you are doing this 30 day challenge
Day 28-A picture of you from last year and now-how have you changed?
Day 29-In this past month, what have you learned?
Day 30-Your favorite song
So, I will start with day 1.
Not the most recent picture of me but it is my favorite picture of me at the moment.
1- I have Spina Bifida just like my brother Ammon. I have the most mild case called Spina Bifida Aculta. I am not in a wheel chair but my back has issues every now and then.
2-I come from a family of 11 children and I am the 10th within that.
3-I have only kissed three guys and I am proud of that. I would hate to be one of those girls that has kissed more guys than she can count like a couple of girls that I know. I would still like to say to my daughter that I know who my first kiss was. I don't think some girls could do that.
4-I have trained in tap for about 11 years.
5-Like my sister, I didn't have a phone until I was 18 years old. It would have been nice to have during High School to get a hold of people a lot easier but it wasn't a necessity back then. I need a phone now because I am on my own so I got one. It is nice and it doesn't cost much... basically nothing. It would actually cost me more to cancel it then to have it.
6-I am a lot like my sister Gillian because it takes a lot for me to hang up my clothes when they are clean.
7-I also have a bone missing from my foot as well... well both feet. I broke the bone off right before my Sophomore year in High School and had surgery on both feet the first month of school.
8-College life has helped me become a much cleaner person. I was clean before but not like crazy clean. I am getting really crazy with cleaning. I start cleaning, I sometimes can't stop.
9-My best friend is Celeste Lee. My heart goes out to her because I miss her so much. She went to BYU-Idaho and I stayed here in Utah County to go to BYU-Provo. We have known each other for 15 years! We started dancing together when she was 3 and I was 4 with Miss Debbie at Children's Vision. She is a Dance Major up there and I will be auditioning for the Dance Education Major on Friday. Dance is what brought us together and much more has kept us as best friends. I tell her everything.
10-I get injured really easily. I have sprained and twisted ankles as well as shin splints countless times. Sophomore year of High School I had both feet operated on and had to wear shoes (the medical kind that look like duck feet) for about two weeks. My Junior year I had a walking boot on my left foot for a fractured 5th metatarsal. My Senior year I had a walking boot on twice on my right foot for a stress fracture of my heel and I tore my Anterior Tib muscle in my right leg twice as well. Very prone to injury because of going for things at dance.
11-I love hand sanitizer... especially when I am not feeling well. It is just so nice.
12-Shoes... I love shoes! I plan an outfit by what shoes I want to wear. Is that bad?
13-I want to travel. I loved flying so much and want to do some more of it.
14-I love food. I can't imagine what it would be like to be an anorexic . That would be so scary. I am a dancer but no anorexic.
15-I can't wait until I get married... but I am not ready to, if that makes sense.
Anyways, here is my day one! Hope you enjoy.
Oct 14, 2010
A word I do not like very much. My midterms exams layout:
Monday 10-11-10: History 220 -Essay... ugh! I hate those things. They creep me out!
Wednesday/Friday 10-13-10/10-15-10: Dance 335 -Tap exam. My group didn't get to go because of time so we are going to go tomorrow which leads me to...
Friday 10-15-10: Dance 241, Dance 335, and History 201 -241 is just an evaluation, we have had one already and I have a great partner... Sammi Magoffin (from Lifehouse, a good friend of mine)! 335 is just showing how our technique has gotten better on Como Va (a dance that my muscle memory is super strong on from last year so I am a little worried but not enough to freak out about). 201 is a multiple choice, short answer and a one essay test. I actually am not that worried. I am going to study really well tonight. I feel pretty prepared.
Monday 10-18-10: Dance 170 -written quiz about the dances and cultures we have done for Folk Dance. It will be easy. Not bad, just hard to put the dance to the name.
Wednesday 10-20-10: Dance 170 -Dance evaluation. Just performing some of the dances we have learned. Not bad, just hard to put the dance to the name.
I just read Elder Joseph Vaugn Mohrman's Mission blog. I am so happy that they have done this for his mission. I feel like I can always know what is going on. I love being able to read about his experience. With all of the struggles that I have had lately with missing my friends he, and Brandon Scott Barlow (who just got made a trainer and senior companion after being on his mission for less than 5 months!) are the two that I miss the most. I could tell them everything and they always had great advice to give me when I needed it. They knew how to make me smile when I was in a rut.
I taught my first lesson in Relief Society on Sunday. It was on repentance. The thing that I tried to do the most was to focus on how important it is for us to repent because we are always slowed down or stopped in our spiritual progression if we don't. I didn't want to focus on the fact that we all need to repent and we all should or we are damned because that just makes everyone feel bad and we already know when we need to repent and for what. I didn't want to make them feel like they needed to. I wanted to let them know that none of us are perfect but we can all get one step closer by going through repentance. I think it went well. I was pretty nervous at first because who wouldn't be if this is the first actual calling you have ever had besides 1st and 2nd counselor as well as the secretary in your YW group?
I saw Celeste Lee, my best friend for 15 years (crazy, yes) this last Saturday. She just randomly came down to Utah with a friend from BYU-I. We hung out that night. I had her all to myself. Yes, I was selfish with my Celeste time. :) We had a great talk while she treated me to dinner. I wasn't expecting that at all, she just was like, "Can I treat you to dinner?" I wasn't about to say no, and I really didn't care if we went to eat or not. I was hanging with her and that is all that mattered. We went to Gloria's Little Italy on Center St. in Provo. It is very authentic Italian food, and I LOVED IT! I found out from talking to Celeste that her Mom is declared clean from her Thyroid Cancer that she had over the summer. It was very hard on Celeste and her family and I am so happy that Shawny is doing much better. Celeste (who should in reality be a Senior in High School this year, but skipped a grade so graduated with me) is dating this guy named Tyler. He is a return missionary and she didn't see this coming. I did though. She is so lovable and beautiful and everything so I can see her getting married with in the year. I did say though to have it be a long courtship and a short engagement. Get to know each other before anything is set if marriage is what they want in the long run. I am so happy for her. :) YAY!
Things are going really well other than the stupid midterms. Ew. Oh well, I will get over it.
Oct 8, 2010
- I love that I am so close to my family. I can go home and visit them any day. A lot of people in my ward can't do that because they are from out of state or hours away instead of just 20-45 minutes away.
- I hate that I miss my high school friends so much. I told them everything. Who do I tell my deepest troubles to now other than my mommy like I usually do?
- I love dancing in college. It makes life so much nicer. I feel so much better about myself as a person and dancer then I have in a really long time. My senior year at Lifehouse was really hard on me with injuries and a teacher that I felt emotionally abused by. That will never happen again so long as I am dancing at BYU. I am able to keep the spirit with me when I dance; the spirit I felt when I was with Brittany, Brigette, Ashleigh, and especially Nesha. I want to have that spirit with me at all times. I want to teach like Katheen and Colleen do.
- I hate feeling alone. I don't feel like I have anyone to connect with right now. Yeah I have made a lot of new friends, but everyone just expects me to be able to be fine because I am from Utah and my family is so close. I don't have it that hard but I still struggle. In a way I feel like it is harder for me to adjust to this new part of my life because I am so close to my parents, those siblings that still live in Utah, and those close friends are only, what? 80 or so miles away? They are so close yet I can't see them and just bawl.
- I love my ward. My visiting teacher Kirsten is amazing! I love her so dearly. We clicked. Her and another girl named Anna (who I visit teach) have really helped me feel like I have some one to cry to. My home teacher is Matt. He is also my FHE brother! We have fun. He and his companion Carter Monson will be coming around soon to give me my first lesson. My bishop and his wife are sent from God. In so many ways is that statement true! Bishop and Sister Davis are the bomb.coms to the extreme! They just make me laugh and they show how much they love us, each and everyone of us. I teach for the first time ever on Sunday and I am scared to death. All I can really do is do what David M. McConkie taught in his General Conference.
- I hate not having my own room/bathroom! I need my privacy! I have no where to just dance alone like I used to in my room all of the time. I can't study how I want to because of roommates or just too many distractions around me. I can't just cry in my room with out having someone in there as well. I feel like I can't be myself. When I shared a bathroom with Gillian and Dave it was not hard but for some reason I can't stand sharing a bathroom with two girls that shed..... yeah sick, nasty. I thought I shed really bad (Gillian, you know how bad that really is!)? Well, I don't compared to my roommates. Don't get me wrong, I love my roommates. They are way awesome but I feel like I can't do what I would like to half of the time.
- I love having a job. It brings an amazing sense of security to my life.
- I hate sitting in a computer chair for hours on end. This is the bad end of the stick with my job. I sit for hours at a computer doing sometimes nothing because we don't have anything to do. I get so antsy and just want to move around. This tends to be very hard for a dancer... especially one as crazy as I am.
- I love my new friends. Thank you so much to Matt, Trace, Blaine, Brad, Kirsten, Anna, Tiffany, Deanna, Elisabeth, Erik, Chad, Brayden, Courtney, Sharlee, Lauren, Kayla, Kellianne, and Emily! You guys make it seem like my life isn't so hard. You make me laugh, you help me through a hard day. A simple smile from one of you makes my day.
- I hate stress. It is the BANE of my existence. I will die from stress I bet you anything. Hopefully I can lower my tolerance to stress because I won't have as much that way. I can only tolerate so much stress.
- I love time. Time to live my life how I want. Time to live on my own, as hard as it is. Time to make a living. Time to dance. Time to cry. Time to sing. Time to play. Time to read. Time to pray. Time to ponder. Time to listen. Time to watch. Time to cook. Time to EAT! Time to muse. Time to SLEEP! Time to study. Time to go to class. Time to CHOREOGRAPH!! Time to rehearse. Time to visit with family. Time to see old friends. Time to make new ones.Time is a wonderful thing.
- I hate that I don't have enough time. I need more (as you could probably guess by the list above)
- I love my family. They mean the world to me. My parents, bothers, sisters, brothers in-law, sisters in-law, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles. Thank you for being there for me always.
- I hate that my brothers and sisters almost all live out of the state of Utah. COME BACK! I need you. You are mine, not the worlds. What are you thinking when you think that you can be some where that makes you happy when I need you? ;) I hope you will visit me soon. We all miss you. I hope I can come and visit you some day as well.
- I love my girls at Lifehouse. They are my family other than my flesh and blood real family. I don't know what kind of dancer I would be right now with out them. I have learned so much from them, especially this last year.
- I hate that I miss my girls at Lifehouse. It is the same feeling of being alone. I was with them all of the time. I saw a huge chunk of them at school every day and then everyday after school at the studio so not seeing them is like a culture shock to me. I miss Grace so much! Grace, you have become such a great friend to me and I will never forget how we became this way. It took a while (first with us thinking the other one hated us and then the three years you were gone in Nebraska) but man, oh man am I happy that we became so close! I miss all of the crazy inside jokes we had like the Broken Ballerina Club that I was the president of (rightful president to thank you!) and the box of babies. hahaha! Oh man I miss you all! I can't wait to dance with you again some day girls. Hopefully it won't be too long.
- I love being able to dance. It is my escape from life and into the spirit. I lose myself in the moment and discover something new all of the time. Dancing is my life. It is who I am and will continue to be. So if you don't like it, get over it! It will not change.
- I hate getting hurt. I am always hurting for some reason or other. SHINSPLINTS SUCK SO FREAKING BAD!! I had to go and get a calf massage in the Dance Training room because they were so bad. I have muscle bruises that are almost gone because of that massage. It was not fun at all. I had to walk around BYU campus with huge ice packs for three hours taped to both shins because of the pain. Yeah, stretch your calves ladies and gentleman, it will save you a trip to the physical therapist! Other injuries include; the knee when a storm is coming (yes it actually is a proven scientific fact and I can explain it if you want me to. Just ask), the stress fractures to the right heel twice last year (one of them causing me to miss the BYU scholarship auditions and company auditions), the torn Anterior Tib muscle on my right leg twice last year as well, the fractured 5th metatarsal in my left foot the year before (junior year), and the foot surgery to both of my feet my sophomore year. Wow. I hate it. There is always something.
- I love that I have an able body to move in. It is such a blessing, one that I would never want to lose.
- I hate not being in choir at high school. I went and listened to my old high school choir this week have their first concert and they are so good! I miss the good memories. I don't miss the price though, that will never be missed. I don't think that I would enjoy being in a choir in college nearly as much as I did in high school because college would require too much of me. :) I am excited to audition for Young Ambassadors though.... haha :)
- I love singing. I want to sing on the top of my lungs all of the time because I never get to anymore. I miss singing pieces by crazy Finnish composers (Pseudo Yoik) and very talented men that put poems to music (Eric Whitacre -Sleep, Cloud Burst, Lux Arumque ect.).
- I hate school work. It makes life so much harder.
- I love that I don't have a lot to hate. It could be a lot worse, I promise. If I had written this last month, I am almost positive it would have been all "I hate" statements.
- I hate that I hate so much. I need to look for the positive in things more. It is a good quality to have so I am going to try to acquire it.