Oct 14, 2010

Always a good sign

Midterm.
A word I do not like very much. My midterms exams layout:
Monday 10-11-10: History 220 -Essay... ugh! I hate those things. They creep me out!
Wednesday/Friday 10-13-10/10-15-10: Dance 335 -Tap exam. My group didn't get to go because of time so we are going to go tomorrow which leads me to...
Friday 10-15-10: Dance 241, Dance 335, and History 201 -241 is just an evaluation, we have had one already and I have a great partner... Sammi Magoffin (from Lifehouse, a good friend of mine)! 335 is just showing how our technique has gotten better on Como Va (a dance that my muscle memory is super strong on from last year so I am a little worried but not enough to freak out about). 201 is a multiple choice, short answer and a one essay test. I actually am not that worried. I am going to study really well tonight. I feel pretty prepared.
Monday 10-18-10: Dance 170 -written quiz about the dances and cultures we have done for Folk Dance. It will be easy. Not bad, just hard to put the dance to the name.
Wednesday 10-20-10: Dance 170 -Dance evaluation. Just performing some of the dances we have learned. Not bad, just hard to put the dance to the name.

I just read Elder Joseph Vaugn Mohrman's Mission blog. I am so happy that they have done this for his mission. I feel like I can always know what is going on. I love being able to read about his experience. With all of the struggles that I have had lately with missing my friends he, and Brandon Scott Barlow (who just got made a trainer and senior companion after being on his mission for less than 5 months!) are the two that I miss the most. I could tell them everything and they always had great advice to give me when I needed it. They knew how to make me smile when I was in a rut.

I taught my first lesson in Relief Society on Sunday. It was on repentance. The thing that I tried to do the most was to focus on how important it is for us to repent because we are always slowed down or stopped in our spiritual progression if we don't. I didn't want to focus on the fact that we all need to repent and we all should or we are damned because that just makes everyone feel bad and we already know when we need to repent and for what. I didn't want to make them feel like they needed to. I wanted to let them know that none of us are perfect but we can all get one step closer by going through repentance. I think it went well. I was pretty nervous at first because who wouldn't be if this is the first actual calling you have ever had besides 1st and 2nd counselor as well as the secretary in your YW group?

I saw Celeste Lee, my best friend for 15 years (crazy, yes) this last Saturday. She just randomly came down to Utah with a friend from BYU-I. We hung out that night. I had her all to myself. Yes, I was selfish with my Celeste time. :) We had a great talk while she treated me to dinner. I wasn't expecting that at all, she just was like, "Can I treat you to dinner?" I wasn't about to say no, and I really didn't care if we went to eat or not. I was hanging with her and that is all that mattered. We went to Gloria's Little Italy on Center St. in Provo. It is very authentic Italian food, and I LOVED IT! I found out from talking to Celeste that her Mom is declared clean from her Thyroid Cancer that she had over the summer. It was very hard on Celeste and her family and I am so happy that Shawny is doing much better. Celeste (who should in reality be a Senior in High School this year, but skipped a grade so graduated with me) is dating this guy named Tyler. He is a return missionary and she didn't see this coming. I did though. She is so lovable and beautiful and everything so I can see her getting married with in the year. I did say though to have it be a long courtship and a short engagement. Get to know each other before anything is set if marriage is what they want in the long run. I am so happy for her. :) YAY!

Things are going really well other than the stupid midterms. Ew. Oh well, I will get over it.

2 comments:

Dave and Tana said...

Good luck with all of your midterms. It will all be over before you know it...That is what I use to always tell myself with big projects/papers/finals...I would be like yeah in 12 hours I wont have to worry about this ever agian..it helped me..ahaha!

The Duke said...

Good luck with the mid-terms. They are stressful, for sure. Study hard, do your best and say a few prayers for the Lord's help and you'll make it through just fine.
I'm really relieved and happy that you were able to take care of all the financing issues you were facing for the rest of the year. I have a feeling that one space of your mind will be more open for studying now because it's been cleared out of the junk and worry.
Love you.
Mom