Oct 29, 2010

Day 3-D241, Day 4- Habits I hate, & Exciting News!

Day 3- A picture of me and my friends.This is a picture of my friends in my Dance 241 class. This picture was taken on Thursday. We dressed up for Halloween and had a lot of fun. They are some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life.

Day 4- A habit I wish I didn't have.
Oh my I have a lot of habits that I wish I didn't have. I wish I didn't have the habit of not putting my clothes away when I first wash them. It just is more of a hassle for me to do when I don't do it rather when I put them away right from the beginning. But finding time to do that lately has been hard. I am glad that I just did it the other day. Oh how a clean room can make you feel so much better.

On a side note:
I auditioned for the Dance Education Major at BYU today. It was so much fun! We have four different departments that we had to show in. We started with a bare in Ballet (flat thank heavens) and then we learned the combination that we could pick at the end to show in smaller groups.
After the Ballet combination we did Ballroom. We learned a Samba and that was awesome! It was the first time I had ever done any Ballroom in my life! It was very fun. I like Ballroom.
We learned a Hungarian Gypsy dance for the World Dance Department section. I ended up showing that one over the Contemporary combination we learned at the end. The Hungarian Gypsy dance was the easiest for me to pick up because it had a lot of rhythmic sections with the feet.... aka... I am a tapper for at least 11 years so rhythms are not that hard for me.
We also learned a locomotor (across the floor) combination and we got to add our own little flare at the end with an air moment of our choice. I got a lot of air and it felt nice to just do a combo like that.
We showed the piece we had chosen and then were excused until they posted the list of the Call backs, automatic in, and the we are sorry, try again, we would not like to see you do a solo lists. I did Dance Education and they wanted to see us do our own choreography so we all had to do a call back. I had changed my song because I needed one to just play with and have fun. I didn't want to worry so much about forgetting my choreography and totally bombing it. I improved my piece. It was good apparently.....
I got in the major in short version. haha :) I just wanted to have fun and play today and I have worked so hard my whole life to do this. I am doing what I love to do. Dancing is everything in my life so making the major is just bliss!

1 comment:

The Duke said...

I am so excited for you, Kaitlin. You are so focused on what you want and what you feel is right for you. I do think that you follow the promptings of the Lord a lot in your life. You have worked hard for this and I'm happy that you have been rewarded and recognized for your efforts.