May 17, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Last night was the last performance of the year. Every single one of us even some alumni were crying. Mr. Lunt is going to be leaving Spanish Fork and going to ALA (American Leadership Academy). This next year is going to be a bitter sweet year. I am excited to be in a brand new school with all of my ward friends and to meet new ones too but I just don't want to leave all of the friends that I have made this year. We are only a couple of miles away but because we are all at different schools it seems like we are will be worlds away. I am set on hanging out with all of my friends this summber.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Hey Squirt,

Where is SH high? Why are you changing schools?

Papa Doc said...

She's changing schools because Salem just built a brand new high school and we are in that assigned area. Kaitlin had the choice of staying at Spanish Fork High or switching over. Once she found out that Mr. Lunt was leaving anyway, the choice was pretty easy for her to switch. She will still have lots of friends that are going to the new school and she will have opportunities for music and dance next year. She made it into the Dance Company and she made it into two singing groups, although it won't be a show choir. There are lots of tender feelings right now, however.
She blew the socks off everybody last night with her solo. She rocked the house!!
Dad, Ammon, Gillian and I were all thoroughly proud of this "squirt."

Papa Doc said...

Actually she is not much of a squirt any more. She sure does not sing like one! Or look like one, either.

She will have a great experience at the new school. My brother, Paul, is going to teach math and be the golf coach at the new school. I told him that being the golf coach would probably ruin his ability to be a good math teacher, given the past experience some of you have had. But he assured me that that would not be the case.

Dad Clark

Kaitlin Lanham said...

Well thank you tons. It doesn't matter if he is a good teacher or not because I won't get him. I am going to get Mr. Clarke (the skinny one).