Aug 2, 2008

HONESTLY!! WHY ME!! AND WHY NOW!!

I swear that I am the most accident prone person in the whole entire world!!! Either I jammed my foot or I broke two toes. I am not sure. I can walk but it is kind of hard to do so.
Here is what happened:
I am thinking to myself the other day, hmmm.... well school is starting soon, about three weeks actually, and so is dance. I need to start some choreography so I can have amazing dances to show Nesha and then they can be taught and then performed. Sounds good...
I start to find a song and I think I know what song I will be doing (but it is so not 100% official). I find the song and I start to dance and then I hear a really good part in the music for a tilt leap. I rewound the song to a spot just before it. I think to myself again, coming from that turn I put right before it, the tilt leap would have to be right. **MIND YOU!!! I NEVER TO THEM ON THE RIGHT!!! I HURT MYSELF OCCASIONALLY WHEN DOING THEM! Example... I didn't land right once and hit my knee on the ground, this was in dance of course when I was still just learning them, but still! Example over... ** I go for the tilt leap and I land it, on my foot. My ankle seemed kind of unstable though and my left foot started to roll. AAAHHHH!! I caught the detail and snapped my foot back only to hear a pop or snap of some sort. I wasn't sure if the sound came from my knee, hip or foot because they frequently do that sort of thing... all three of them. Next thing I know I am in a ton of pain and fall to the ground. I crawl over to the couch and take off my sock. I know what I need to do because I have hurt myself countless times before (I am accident prone remember :) ). I moved my butt over and up the stairs then hopped on one foot to the medicine cabinet so I could take some Ibuprofen. I have gotten quite good at hopping on one foot due to countless sprained and twisted ankles... mainly on my left now that I think of it...
WHY? I honestly don't get it!! Why is it that right before dance and school starts I ALWAYS have to get injured! I just don't get it.
Now you tell me, accident prone or what?

4 comments:

Papa Doc said...

Even the athletic teams get their bodies in shape and strong before doing the sort of things they must do in games, etc. Dances are very athletic, and should do the same. Conditioning, conditioning, conditioning!

First things first and then it will go better. Hope you get well in time for dance at school, etc.

Dad Clark

Jess and Jen said...

Hope it doesn't turn out to be anything serious, so you can get dancing again!

Jen

Lokodi said...

Ouch! I'm sorry. I do stupid things too, but at least you were doing things that were hard to do in the first place. I've broken the same toe three times. It looks funny now. At least you're not that stupid.

Lindsey

Mike and Adrianne said...

I thought I broke my toe recently but it turned out to just be a very bad stubbed toe. I have since stubbed the same toe three times! Ouch. I hope your toe gets better before you have to use it again.