Jul 16, 2010

The makings of good days

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life!

My friend Joseph Mohrman leaves on his Mission on September 8, 2010, to the Belgium Brussels/Netherlands Mission (Dutch just like Dave). He went through the temple back in June when I was in Iowa and I hadn't seen him since the beginning of June. I really missed seeing him around so yesterday we finally got to hang out. Well can you guess what we did??

We went to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and did Baptisms and Confirmations for the dead. I will never forget it because one, it was at a temple I had never been to, two, I did a lot of baptisms (the most in a row for me), and three, Joseph did the Confirmations and the Baptisms! It was such a great experience to have my best friend .Baptize and Confirm me... and before his mission too! The whole thing was just really special. As we were walking out to get in the car he said that he had only done that one other time. I asked him who it was and he answered, "A stranger. You were the first friend I have done that too and that was really special."

After that we went to Cafe Rio. We both love Cafe Rio. He wouldn't let me pay for mine though. It was nice of him and I appreciated it. We went over by the Marriott Center where they have a grassy hill and ate over there. It was a blast to just sit and talk to him as well. There was not a single pause the whole day. I don't think I have laughed that hard or that much in a long time.

It just goes to show that Baptisms + Cafe Rio + Good company = One of the best days a girl can have.

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

That's great Katy. I had such great guy friends in high school and I still think about them and I'm grateful I had them.

The Duke said...

I'm glad you had a great time yesterday. I'm glad he didn't wig out on you and actually showed up. Those kinds of experiences are ones that help you develop faith and character.
(P.S. I don't think you smelled like ice cream, either.)

Michelle said...

That does sound like a fabulous day. I haven't done baptisms in a while, but last time I did it was an awesome feeling.

Glad you had a whole day that was great!