Jul 19, 2011

Around the corner

Many of you probably know that I am getting to the age of 20 in a few months. That is a big deal for me for a few reasons. There is one that is weighed a lot more however and that would have to do with a mission. I was talking to a friend of mine about her mission. I asked her when someone could put their papers in. We found out that for me, it is exactly a year this month if I put my birthday as my availability. I would like to have it earlier so I could just go and not have to wait.

Mom got all excited when I told her about it. She asked me why I was wondering and asking about it.... Really? You don't know already? I have been wanting to go on a mission for years. Is it what the Lord thinks is right for me? Who knows. I guess we will have to see. I do know that if I don't go on a mission before I get married, then I will for sure go on one with my husband (if not both). I know that much. I have been told that much by the Lord. I can't wait until I can know for sure and that is just around the corner. The next step for me in my life. Exciting right?

Adrianne, would I get a different colored sticker on the boys map of the world if I did serve?

3 comments:

The Duke said...

You have so much to look forward to in your life. I'm excited to see where it takes you! And, yes, I'm excited about the possiblity of you serving a mission. I LOVE missionaries and I love having one from the family serve. It brings great blessings to all of us.

Mike and Adrianne said...

You would totally get a star on the map if you served! I wanted to serve a mission too and prepared for it and when the time came, it wasn't the right thing for me. But, I had great opportunities instead. I was able to teach at the special ed institute, something I never would have done if I had gone on a mission. You will know if it is right for you and if it is, you will be an awesome missionary!

Lokodi said...

I say all the power to you! That would be a great experience. We have some sister missionaries out here in Wiesbaden. They are in the German ward, but occasionally come to ours with an investigator. It's fun to get to know them. One of my best friends out here is a German girl who used to serve as a sister missionary in our ward when Eva was born. She ended up marrying an elder who served here too and the two of them are the coolest people I know. I think you should totally do it! How fun!

Lindsey