Nov 16, 2012

Perfection in our eyes

I have been thinking a lot about what married life will be like for me. I never thought that I would have a wonderful man like Chad. I never thought I would find "perfect", and honestly, I would still feel that way about a marriage if it didn't work out. That is until I read a wonderful post by my friend Elsha Rae. She posted about how someone thought that she tried to seem perfect when she wasn't.

How hurtful. Elsha is a person. I loved reading her post today in regards to that comment. She took it and made people see what "perfect" meant to her. That is the perfect I know I have found. Here is a little of what she says in her blog:

...That is what is perfect to me. Perfect is making a dinner for two, burning it to pieces and ending up getting Chinese take out. Perfect is sometimes having a messy house because of the hard work and the hustle and bustle of it all... Perfect is having an argument and realizing buried beneath the squirmy tummy and flushed cheeks that you can be naive and wrong, and then laughing about it... And falling in love is beyond perfect.

...Perfection is in so many things that are not noticed... Everyone always says "Its about the little things." I could not agree with that more. 

So a million thanks to Elsha. Thank you for being honest. Thank you for having fun. Thank you for caring enough to say what perfect meant for you, because soon, I will have that perfect. 

I strongly suggest you read the blog post I took excerpts out from. She wrote it all so well and came from a very loving place.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

I hope your trip proves to be perfect! Perfect isn't always perfect because we won't really attain perfection until much later in our lives (or after our mortal lives), but it can always be a perfect situation for us to learn and to grow and to love.
I'm quite confident you will find perfect along the way.