Jun 15, 2009

Personal Progress

I have to say, I am quite proud of myself. I finished my Personal Progress and received my Young Womanhood Recognition medallion yesterday. I honestly LOVE this program. It has meant so much to me. I learned things about myself, my Heavenly Father, my Savior Jesus Christ, and the Gospel in general from this.

The Value Experience that I remember the most would have to be Integrity number 2. I didn't gossip for two weeks and I remember the few weeks that I didn't even associate myself with those that gossiped. It was not fun at all. I remember my friend Sierra being so mad at me because I told her I didn't want to hear the things that she was saying about one of my other friends. I agreed with a lot of the comments made by her and others at our lunch table but I kept it to myself. It was hard but I know that at least one of my friends was on my side. They came and sat with me and told me they were grateful that I stood up. Integrity was a really good one for me to do. I became such a better person.

Another one that touched my life was all of Faith. My testimony grew so much, and I more fully understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ because of this. I don't know what I would do without it. I honestly would not have any chance at getting Exaltation that is for sure. I am not the most humble person and I DEFINITELY have faults, but with the Atonement I can always repent of my sins and become a more humble person through Christ. I always have someone to turn to when no one else knows what I am going through. I had a really hard and stressful time of my life the past little while. I need to make a really hard decision but I didn't know what to do. I could talk to my friends but only two knew what I was going through. For a while I could only talk to them about my stress but one night while talking to one of them, it hit me. I have the most important people behind me to help me get through this. I had been praying about it but wasn't getting much back. I am still kind of in the air about one thing but I turned to Prayer with the faith that I would be okay and said, "I'm tired of figuring this out alone. I need to you be my co-pilot right now. It's your plane, your turn to fly." Just saying that helped. Jesus knows what I am doing, and what I am going through. He has felt my pain, but also my joy. I wouldn't be able to do this without him.

I am so thankful for this program! For all of the young girls (my nieces, Sarah, Alyssa, Abby, Leah, Lauren, Eva, Ella, and those to come) I strongly hope you get your Young Womanhood Recognition. You will love it, just as I have.

5 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

COngratulations Kaitlin! I'm glad you made it through the whole program and learned so much! You are a great example to your nieces! -Jen

Mike and Adrianne said...

What a beautiful testimony. Congratualtions Katy. I echo what Jen said, you are a great example to your nieces.

The Duke said...

I meant what I said a couple of days ago to you - I don't think I'll ever worry about you. You are grounded in the gospel. You seem to know why you should or should not do certain things beyond the fact that your parents and leaders say not to. I have always appreciated your grasp of doctrinal things and your interest, for the most part, when we read, have family discussions, etc. You have a good foundation and you will go far in life.
I am very proud of you! I love you tons.....
Mom

Michelle said...

So neat that you received your medalion. You worked really hard and it shows. Great job. You are a wonderful example to those around you.

Dave and Tana said...

Go Katy! That is so great! Congrats!