May 14, 2012

Battle Wounds

On Thursday, SPAC was in Tabiona (the middle of no where Utah) just about 30 minutes away from Duchesne which is 2 hours north-east of Provo. Well we got to the school in Tabby 30 minutes earlier than we needed to be. We decided to go play on the playground that they had. It was so legit. It had like the merry go rounds that you try and stay on and all of the guys spun us around, there were teeter totters and more jungle gym equipment like there used to be in the good ole days. Well I got on the teeter totter with Katelynn Reed, my roommate. We were having fun and getting some height. The teeter totters were metal and were pretty strong. Well, I got popped off of the teeter totter, nothing was touching it. I was scrambling to stay safe so nothing would happen to me but as I tried to grab back on my momentum was moving forward and my face had a collision with the huge metal bar. I have a bump and a pretty nasty bruise on my chin from it. The scary part is that when I hit the teeter totter with my legs my left leg hit the seat pretty hard.... hard enough that it left a ginormous bruise on my leg... yes in the picture that is my bruise with a quarter next to it. My hand is the same size as the bruise. Given I don't have very big hands but that is still a huge bruise. I wasn't sure which pain to concentrate on when I got off of the teeter totter. I kind of focused on the one that I figured needed more attention to so my jaw was what I focused on. When we started to dance and as the day went on dancing got harder and harder to do with my chin getting a bigger bump and a darker bruise and my leg getting a way darker bruise by the second. It is finally starting to chill and not get any worse. It is finally getting a little better because I can now walk and it almost doesn't hurt anymore. I am pretty sure my jaw is a little jammed though. It hurts still. It doesn't kill me but it is irritating at times. 

So there you have it. My battle wounds for the week. One more week of tour!




3 comments:

The Duke said...

Those are definitely mean bruises! I'm glad they are beginning to heal. It's a good thing tour is almost over. You might kill yourself before it's over if it goes much longer!

Mike and Adrianne said...

The price you have to pay for silliness and fun...

I'm sure it was worth it. I'm glad you are enjoying this tour so much and hope your bruises heal quickly.

Lokodi said...

That's disgusting! I hope they heal soon. I can't believe how big the one is on your leg.

Lindsey