Jan 31, 2014

At 20 Weeks:

So here I am at 20 weeks, halfway through this pregnancy. The last four weeks have gone by extremely slow with the anticipation that we would be finding out the gender at 19 1/2 weeks. A lot has gone on but it isn't that exciting and it is mostly just the day to day stuff that we do.

On Monday (January 27) we went to the main clinic that Central Utah Clinic has here in Provo for our ultrasound. Well we are for sure having a little beautiful and probably stubborn from the looks (and movements....) of it, baby GIRL! We called it. There is something to this whole mother's intuition. There must be. I knew all along that my first child would be a girl, for many other reasons too yes, but mothers intuition has got to play a part in it to some extent right?

There have been a few adventures during the pregnancy, but there is one that I hate....
Pregnancy Update:
How far along am I? I am twenty weeks! Halfway there. Crazy to think that huh? How are you feeling? Pretty good. I get a lot of what they call round ligament pain due to growing. So in other words I feel great other than my darn growing pains. 😊 Any cravings or aversions? Not many aversions other than a lot of sweets and Chocolate. I have always loved Mexican food and this pregnancy has just made it more prominent. Anything spicy and Mexican and I generally will be happy. What do you do for exercise? Other than my daily walk to work I don't really get to do much. That walk keeps me on my toes as it is.

Speaking of that walk.... there are a lot of awesome things that have been happening during this semester and pregnancy, however walking to work has not been fun. It is the scariest moment of my life every single day that I walk out that door. Especially on days like today too. After a day of rain and then a wet snow with some more sun to help melt it down in the past two days, it has created a lot of ice... and s lot of black ice.

I gotta tell ya, there is nothing more scary than the feeling of slipping on ice. Now normally it wouldn't be that scary, but when you have a baby to think about, keep healthy, and to protect, falling is the absolute scariest thing that could happen to me this semester. The hard thing is that I don't use the car unless Chad is sick and doesn't go to work at six am... which has only happened once. So every morning I get up and get ready just to leave at 7:30 am to get to work at 8. Yeah. It is a half hour walk, and a mixture of up hill and down hill.

Can you see my terror every day? Ugh. I sure can't wait for the spring weather to come and stay for good because I am tired of the freezing temperatures in the morning and mixed weather during the main part of the day. I think mostly I am just ready to not be scared to walk a measly 1.2 miles.

2 comments:

The Duke said...

We sure are excited for you two to become parents. I'm sure that your little girl will be beautiful. (Hope she has dark hair.)

Jen said...

For some reason I just barely saw this post! So excited for you to be a mom to a baby girl! They are fantastic!I'm glad my mother's intuition is better now than it was when I was pregnant with my kiddos because I guessed wrong with every single one of them. Jess was always right though!

I'm glad the bad weather is over and you won't have to deal with ice anymore! (I hope!)