Apr 1, 2014

Baby Kathrynne's Progress

Last week Chad and I went to my 28 week appointment. I asked something about if we would be doing ultrasounds from this point on. He looked at my last imaging results and we talked about something totally new to us. We found out that Baby K has a slightly smaller right kidney. Dr. Pace went on to tell us that it isn't anything super significant in size but we will be checking it out in another ultrasound to make sure the growth is up to par to the left side.

Today was that day.

I was feeling pretty good about it. I was sure that she would have caught up by then. She was measuring two days later than my due date in our first ultrasound and now she is right with me at 28 weeks 5 days. She was not however up to date with her kidneys. Her right kidney is still smaller than her left. It is not very significant but still a problem.

At our doctors appointment it was explained to us that the smaller kidney was not a huge thing to be worried about at this point, however if it continues to be small for the rest of the pregnancy and after delivery it could pose possible future problems like kidney failure of the small kidney.

I was not so prepared to have her kidney still be smaller today. What mother ever wants to have that in the back of her mind? Who wants to have that on their shoulders knowing that one day I may need to make that decision with her and my husband to get a new kidney? That is just not something I have been prepared for.

We just hope that the Lord watches over her and that we will have more peace of mind to prepare for it if anything does happen.

In other news, she is doing well. Her heart rate is going strong and she loves to move around inside. She actually brought her feet up to her face and started playing with her toes. It was super cute to see her play around. I can't wait for her to be here so we can play together.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

We'll keep her in our prayers, as always. I wouldn't worry too much at this point. She still has a lot of growing and developing to go through before she makes her appearance.