Apr 26, 2011

New living conditions

I don't know what it is, but I don't feel super comfortable in my apartment yet. There are three girls that already lived there from before and they haven't really said much to me. I am super shy around them right now too. I just don't feel like I belong. I just hope that the other two girls that are supposed to be living in the apartment come soon and that they are in more of a situation like me... meaning not seniors. Or that they are a little more welcoming. I just felt pretty awkward all day yesterday and for the time that I was home today. I finally had to get out. I work at three down in payson and I am trying to get a video tapped for a girl named Morgan for her Dance Company audition. I will take anytime I can to get out of the apartment at this point. :( Sad how that is turning out. I was super nervous to move in anyways and this is not helping me feel welcomed or like I belong at all. I am usually not one who will care what other people really think but for some reason, I am just getting a vibe from them like I really don't belong here. Almost like they are too good for me. Ugh. I miss these two girls. We clicked instantly. I got really lucky to have them as my roommates my very first year. What a good experience that was for me. I can only hope I have roommates like them again in the future.
This is the only picture that I have of the three of us all together. I wish we could have gotten one of us the day they moved out, but I didn't think about it.

6 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm sorry Katy. Just give it time. Be nice to them and with time it will get better. I hope the other two girls are great. Love you.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you feel disconnected. I felt that way in an apartment I lived in once. Just never fit in with any of the roommates because they all came with buddies, but soon my roommate because a friend and things got better. It just takes time being the new person and with your personality you will make friends with all of them very soon.

Tiffany Lynne Yeates said...

Literally we clicked.....or at least I clicked hahaha :)

Kaitlin Lanham said...

hahaha yeah Tiff you clicked. I growled/screeched.

Tiffany Lynne Yeates said...

Oooo screech is a very appropriate way to describe your sound!

Kaitlin Lanham said...

It is isn't it?!