Dec 6, 2011

On the long stretch

I am on the last two days of classes for my second fall semester at BYU and I am so happy that it is almost over! This has been a hard semester. I haven't been super happy or satisfied this semester. There probably are a lot of reasons for that too.
I broke up with Gabe because it felt right and I have never been happier. He is a very somber person, I am not. I am extremely up beat, or try to be at least. I have found out that with every guy I date a little part of me changes. My favorite part of myself was changed while dating Gabe. It wasn't that I wasn't happy, because I was very happy. I just became a little more somber. I didn't laugh as much and I kept finding myself unhappy more frequently than I have ever been. It was weird. I didn't break up with him because of something really significant or anything. I was going to wait until after tonight. I thought that maybe all we needed was a date, a real date. Just Gabe and I in a situation different than we had had in a while. Away from other friends and not alone at one of our apartments just studying or talking or watching a movie. Something very different. On Sunday however, I had this on my mind all day. If I hadn't said anything about how he had been kind of distant the past few days and asked him what he had been thinking of that was keeping him away from being totally there, we would still be dating. It was a mutual thing. We both knew that we needed to date other people. I couldn't stay in that position with him waiting for Elise. It wasn't fair to me. I didn't want to hope for anything that wasn't going to happen. I was more invested in our relationship than he was. It wasn't a bad thing and it wasn't a big difference or anything. It felt right. That is the only thing that mattered. We just were not meant to date.
In any case, school has finally ended for the semester!! YES! Two finals completed, three to go. Here I go on the long stretch to the end of the whole semester and this year. Wish me luck.

No comments: