Dec 18, 2011

It is Christmas time?

Finals are over and now it is Christmas time.

{Taken by Christina Clark 12.18.11}
It just doesn't feel like Christmas time yet. It hasn't really snowed. There isn't snow in Provo so to me it hasn't snowed because that is where I live. Even though I am home for the break and there is some snow on the ground here, it hasn't snowed yet. I just want it to dump. A complete dump of white and wintry goodness called snow. We did get a nice blanket of frost all over though. Mom got some beautiful pictures of them today. She put them on Facebook and I stole them from her to show you here.

It hasn't really registered that I don't have class at seven in the morning this week. Yes, I still have work but what? I don't have class in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow? I am happy that this semester is over.

{Taken by Christina Clark 12.18.11}
A part of me has realized that the semester is over. What part you may ask? My health. I am making a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what is wrong with me. My cough, that ever annoying cough that is dry, has become more of a nuisance than ever before. I now have a pain along my fifth false rib on the left side. Whenever I cough the pain comes back and then lingers for a little while. I have been through a lot of pain in my life but I would have to say that this is topping the charts in pain. I am afraid that I have Pneumonia or something horrid like it. Is it bad timing? Yes it is. It could have come during finals week instead of when I am home with nothing to do other than work. It just means that I probably can't go to work for a few days. :( I like work. I have fun there and I get paid. I am happy there so I am sad that if I do have something bad, like said Pneumonia, that I wouldn't be able to go in.

I finished most of my Christmas shopping Yesterday and I have to say, I am great at getting presents for other people. I have three more people that I need to get something for. The three hardest people are left so this may get interesting. I have Jess and his family this year for Christmas and I think they will love their present. It is quite a stroke of genius on my part. ;)

{Blanket made by Celeste Goodrich}
Gillian, I needed to show you this picture. Do you like this blanket? It is a baby blanket that Celeste made. She doesn't have anyone to give it to an said that if you liked it you could have it. I like it. If I were pregnant and due soon, I would take it but I am not. So let me know {It isn't the best picture FYI}.


To finish off this post, I would just like to say Happy Anniversary to my wonderful parents, James and Christina. If I remember correctly, this marks the 42nd year that they have been married {Their actual anniversary is tomorrow, not today}. I love you both so much! Thank you for all of the things that you have done, do, and will continue to help me with. I wish I had a more current picture, but I don't.

{Taken by Michelle Clark 6.13.10}

2 comments:

gillian said...

That blanket is really cute! I need to have her teach me how to make them... Super cute!

I Cant believe it hasnt snowed yet either.... Its making me fall out of the Christmas spirit haha!

The Duke said...

This is a sweet post, Kaitlin. Thanks for your good wishes. We're glad you are one of our kids. We feel very blessed. Let the snow hold off until Adrianne and family get here and then it can dump. I'm surprised we haven't had more snow this year - very different from last year.