Jan 22, 2011

Wondered why people are themselves? Yeah. Me too.

I am sitting in my apartment alone right now. I was going to go apartment shopping with my friend Anna who I am going to room with for the spring/summer term but she ended up not able to do that today. I also need to practice for tomorrow. I am singing a duet with Nick Sales in Sacrament tomorrow.

Because I was going to go with Anna today and then practice the song tonight I turned down a date. I feel kind of bad because this kid is a very nice guy. He wanted to go to the Irish Dancing concert with me. I would have loved to go..... I kind of didn't want to at the same time though. He is the type of person that is very talented, super smart, a little prideful, but extremely nice. He sings everywhere he goes.... constantly. I know he loves it and he has a great voice and all but it gets a little annoying after awhile. I can only be around him for so long with out being annoyed.

Do you have any advice for me? I don't know how to handle these situations very well.

3 comments:

The Duke said...

Sometimes you find out that a person just needs a little time to figure out. They might be putting on a little bit of a show at first because they are nervous, over-confident, insecure, etc. You will never really know until you spend some time with them. Unless you have reason to fear going out with them (or a prompting of the spirit says not to go), it wouldn't hurt you to go out at least once just to see how it turns out. You might be surprised at what you learn. If your original ideas are validated, then you don't have to go again.
If you refuse everybody that doesn't quite fit into your perfect plan, the word gets around and you will sit alone a lot over the weekends.

Papa Doc said...

Sounds like you should make sure that that guy is told to ask you out another time. I know another man who used to sing all the time. So what is wrong with that. when his girl wanted him to be quiet, she told him, and he was, at least for a while.

Dad Clark

Kaitlin Lanham said...

I have been around this boy for a while. I have spent a lot of time with him so that isn't a question at all. I know him all to well. He is very over confident. He is the ward choir director now and he treats us like we have to be BYU Singers.... he is going into Music Education for a major. He won't be quiet even when you ask him. I feel really up tight when I am around him.