Jan 28, 2012

Happy times are here again

I went on a date last night.

I had an absolute blast. We went to JCW's for dinner, went rock climbing at the Quarry, then watched the movie Rio. Good food, good activities, and good company all come together for a good Friday night. I found out a few things about myself on this date as well.

Yes, it is as scary as it looks. The Quarry in Provo.

  1. I love the Hawaiian Hamburger at JCW's. So good! Who would have thought to put grilled pineapple rings and grilled ham on a hamburger? Well, whoever it was is good in my book. I know it is a little weird that I got it in the first place but it sounded good. I didn't know what was going to be on it but I was hungry and when I bit into it, it was nice to have a sweet and juicy flavor with the zesty and hearty flavor of the ham and hamburger. I definitely recommend it if you ever go eat there.
  2. I am horrible rock climber. Ask my date Craig Call. He would say other wise to be nice (that being his personality), but I know that I am horrible because I got so tired extremely fast. I got a little over half way up the wall (not too shabby right?) on every course we did. I would have kept going on the last course we took but my size kind of lacks in the big department lending to the hindering of continuing on. Craig is very tall. He has both long arms and legs making any course a piece of cake in reality. For me being small in the department of arm and leg length could not get any higher on the last course. I would have kept going but I didn't trust myself to leap to the next hand hold since it was only my first time rock climbing ever. 
  3. I am happy. I am actually truly happy for more than one day at a time now. It has been a while since I have felt that. I got that comment from both Craig and a long lost friend of mine that my date and I ran into -Sydney Bowen. Man it has been son long since I had seen her let alone talked to her. We got talking about what we were both up to with school and I found out that she is now at UVU and is involved in their Culinary Arts program. I have seen a lot of pictures of cupcakes that she has made and can see why she would fit into the Culinary Arts program. She is fantastic at them. I would love to try some of them. I would like to go and visit her sometime soon. Catch up. Even though we live completely different lives and live different life styles from the other, I still think about her a lot. She asked me about my life and said that she had looked through my pictures on Facebook just recently. The comment that she made about them was that I looked completely happy. Which when she said that, it dawned on me. Yes, I am very happy. Life is going well. Things are falling in place. I feel close to the Lord, secure in my job, loving my school work as well as being on top of my homework, and am going in the right field of study. I am actually truly happy. Craig made the same comment a number of times on the date. He kept saying, "You look so happy, which makes me happy."
Isn't  it weird how one date can teach you so much?

Happy Sabbath everyone! Hope this post finds you as happy as I am.

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Sounds like a fun date. I'm glad you are happy--that makes me happy. It sounds like things are going well.

Unknown said...

sounds like a keeper ;) haha

The Duke said...

I'm glad you are happy, too. And I'l glad that the financial aspect of life has improved which adds a tremendous burden on anyone.