Jan 21, 2012

Weddings and School

Today I went dress shopping with my two friends Katelyn and Michelle. Katelyn is getting married on May 26, 2012 and Michelle and I are her bridesmaids so we went with her to look at dresses today.

We went to three places today; Alysse's Bridal, David's Bridal, and Sweetheart Bridal. She didn't really find anything at David's Bridal and I figured she wouldn't. She found two dresses at Alysse's Bridal and two at Sweetheart Bridal. She actually looked in the mirror for one of the dresses from Sweetheart Bridal and flat out said, "Wow. Wow, I look great."

I think she will get that dress or the last one she tried on at Alysse's Bridal. Both of them have a rouged bodice with lace and beading that fit her in a modified mermaid styled (meaning it doesn't go as low, only to about mid-upper thigh).

She looked so happy in those dresses. I wish I could find a picture of them to put on here but I cannot find any of them. :(

All in all it has been a great weekend so far. Last night I was with them as well and we watched a movie and snacked on a butt load of random food that we had. We also looked at wedding stuff. I am excited to be able to help her with her wedding. I love Katelyn and Michelle! I am happy that I have made such good friends this year. I needed this a lot.

In other news, SPAC is going so great! I am in a lift part for Hopak as well as doing a little turning trio. I am excited! It is going to be such a great number. We got our semester and tour assignments yesterday and I am very pleased to say that I get a taste of what I want to do for the rest of my life this semester... I am the trainer for SPAC! My friend Lauren Spurgen and I both got the honor of being the trainers for SPAC this year; meaning we get to hand out ice, rub out tight calves, give them medicine, and do the taping jobs if anyone needs any of that stuff. I am so happy about that.

School is going well. I am on top of things and finding out that I have a lot more free time to do what ever I please as I stay on track with my classes. I am ahead in my New Testament class, on track for STATS, and all I need to do is get tickets for two dance shows for my dance classes. I taught my first choreographed Ukrainian dance yesterday and it went really well. I got a lot of pointers. The cool thing too is that I noticed the same things that she did as we filmed it and actually saw it being done. I am enjoying my semester a lot so far. I am not as stressed as I was and I am finally feeling happy, truly happy for more than one day at a time.

Now all I need to do is find a good place to live for next year. :)

1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

I am glad that you are happy, enjoying your classes and not stressed out! -Jen