Mar 19, 2011

Confusing Life

I thought I had housing but I guess I don't.

This week was supposed to be good. It was headed in a the right direction until I got told by a girl named Anna that I wasn't going to be buying a contract.
Let me clarify:
On Monday I got a text from Anna asking me to room with her. The girl who was going to be her roommate is not coming back to BYU next year. I was going to buy this girls contract. It felt right to do this and I felt like it was the right thing to do. Anna wanted me to be her roommate and one of the girls who was in the household was excited for me to be in the house as well.

Anna texted me today saying that as a household they prayed about it and they didn't think that I was the right person to live with them.

What I don't get is why not think about it first and then ask so I don't get my hopes up and let me not worry about housing for a week if I don't need to? Also, why does it feel like I am supposed to be in that house when they don't feel that way.

Besides that...
I went to Persuasion with Brian, his sister, and his brother-in-law today. It was so amazing! I loved the play so much. Afterward we went to Yozone for frozen yogurt.I had a lot of fun with Brian and his sister and her husband. This was a good afternoon, the night just wasn't good. BYU also won so that was nice. After the game I got ready for the Wyview Park and Heritage Halls invitational. It was okay. I know other people who had a lot more fun than I did. I wasn't a fan though. It made me feel uncomfortable and it put me through distress.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

UNBELIEVABLE and immature. This is what I think, I think that a couple girls found someone else that they also wanted to room with and used the excuse of "We've prayed about it." just to "let you down easy." When in fact it's just mean when you come right down to it. You are right they shouldn't have let you know if they weren't sure.

Really, prayed about it. I really doubt that happened. In fact when I read this post out loud to Jason he laughed and said, "Really they actually said they prayed about who should room with them."

I'm sorry this happened to you and this just means you shouldn't room with such an immature bunch who might possibly be jealous of how awesome you are. I hope you find housing soon.

Alyssa said...

well at least you got to eat frozen yogurt.

The Duke said...

I agree with Michelle that this is unbeliveable. You will be better off rooming with others than those who seem so sanctimonious.
I'm really sorry. I know you were excited. Talk to Lance. A couple of his friends ditched him, too, but in the end, he moved where he could meet Nancy and it ended spectacularly for him.