Mar 27, 2011

No Sleeping = No Bueno

Me and a ward activity that requires me to pull an all nighter do not mix that well.

My ward had an activity this past Friday night. The activity was a Book of Mormon reading marathon. We read the second half of the Book of Mormon. Most of us are taking the second half right now because of the stupid Freshman Bundles that we have had to do this year. It was nice though to go and read the book from Helaman to the end. My group made it! We read it in less than 11 hours.

The activity ended at 6 am Saturday morning. Saturday was full of craziness for me. I am a really deep sleeper and I was afraid that if I went to sleep after the activity that I would miss my rehearsal with Brian for our Scottish piece that our Folk team is doing. So, I didn't go to sleep and just got on the computer and then jumped in the shower. That helped me stay awake a lot better. I went to the rehearsal and for the first ten to fifteen minutes that I was with Brian I was so out of it that I felt like it was not reality. I bet I was quite funny. I tend to get really weird when I am tired. I told Brian this after our rehearsal and he just laughed. He knew before hand that I was dead tired because of the activity so adding the fact that I did not believe that what was happening was real just added to the craziness.

Brian has the dance down really well. Ed (our teacher) wanted me to get with him to practice it because he said that he didn't look like he knew it. The deal is that he just needed to run it with the music a million times. I do too though. Brian was doing a better job at this than I was. I was not getting a certain part all Wednesday or Friday and was struggling with getting the steps right yesterday. It isn't hard to do but I get confused. My muscle memory is tripping me out and making me mad.

I was going to go to the Festival of Colors with Tiffany and Brian, but Tiffany and I were so tired and Brian had a Men's Choir concert at 3 so we didn't end up going. Smart choice. Tiffany and I slept but we both only got four hours of sleep. I don't know why we couldn't sleep longer than that but that is what we had to get us until about 11:30 or so and we were knocked out.

Tiffany, Deanna, Jessica (Tiffany's cousin who we hang out with all the time. Love her!), and I were all really bored come around 5:30 yesterday so we went to Hobby Lobby and got some stuff to be crafty. I got some paints and brushes along with a canvas. I haven't finished the painting but I really like what I have done so far. It is just randomness on the canvas but it's cool. Jessica got a canvas and paints as well. Deanna didn't get anything, and Tiffany.... she got cupcake liners. She ended up making spice cake cupcakes. I haven't tried one yet because they were not done before I left on a date and I didn't want one when I got back. It is fast Sunday today so I won't be having one for a little while longer, but they are just calling my name.

Now to the date. This date was with a guy on my Folk team and he is also in Men's Chorus. If you paid attention, you probably think that I went on another date with Brian, but that is not the case. His name is Jonathan Fox. We went to Trafalga and went mini golfing. I am a TERRIBLE golfer. I totally lost. But on the plus side, I am awesome at Skee Ball and at Mrs. Pac-man. I got a really good score on Mrs. Pac-man and for Skee ball.... well let's just say that I got the ball into the 10,000 point hole. Yeah, that hole right there in the corner that no one gets, I got it into that one! The sad part was that I didn't get any extra tickets to prove it. :( No matter what the score was I only got 5 tickets both times we played. I kicked Jon's but at both of these games. It was fun. I was so tired though that Jon made a comment to me.... "I don't think I have ever seen you this quiet or passive before." I felt pretty bad because I was not really saying much. My mind was thinking about someone else and about how good it would feel to sleep when I got back.

Well that was my day yesterday. It was crazy fun and really busy with little, well pretty much no, sleep at all.

I am going to add some pictures right after this of things that have been going on... I am too lazy to actually format it all after writing this long spiel of a post. So I hope you like the pictures.

Katy out

No comments: