Nov 16, 2010

Letter to...

Writing a letter to someone that has hurt me recently -I don't really know who I would write a letter to. I have had some things happen where I was hurt but I don't like to hold grudges. I guess this will help me let go of one...

Lindsay Chant-
You have hurt me in a way that is hard to repair. I felt emotionally abused in your class. You were a great teacher, but not for me. I did learn a lot from you but I didn't feel like you wanted me to learn. I don't know if you saw what I have to offer and how good I am. That doesn't matter anymore though, because I see it, the teachers there at Lifehouse saw it. Apparently I have talent because I got into the Dance Education major at BYU.

You made me feel like I would never get there, well guess what? I did. I have learned more about how to hold my core in a contemporary class than I have in your class for the past four years.

Thank you for those days where I would get something out of you. I know that I can turn and my turns, especially on pointe, got so much better because you helped me.
What I need from you now, is respect. I can only respect you when I feel like you have a shred of respect for me. I am at your level now as a teacher. I am no student of yours anymore and I need to be treated that way from now on.

I am letting go.

Kaitlin Clark

No comments: