Nov 22, 2010

Why switch lives?

Who would I want to switch lives with for a day? I have never really thought about switching my life to live in someone else's shoes. In reality this question wants me to say, I hate my life and I want to live this person's life because the grass looks greener. But it isn't the case for me. I think my grass looks greener at the moment.

Life is going so well.

I am turning 19 on Wednesday. As weird as that seems to me to be an adult (yeah... 18 didn't really count until I moved out) and as much as I am kind of fighting it, I am now starting to get excited. I get to be with my family and friends on my birthday. I am one of the lucky Freshman because my family lives so close. I can see them almost any time. Another plus about my birthday... It is around Thanksgiving so my friends will all be home! YAY!

I am dancing everyday. Not just three times a week for hours on end, but every day for hours on end and I love it! I can do what I want and I can become better in an environment that I grew up dancing in. How is that not lucky?

I am an aunt to 23 wonderful nieces and Nephews and still more to come. I love them so much- even the old ones aka Caleb, Daniel, and Jared. They are like my own children. Hopefully I can take the lessons of being around them as they grow and as my siblings teach their children into my own teaching as a mother.

I have the gospel in my life and have had the opportunity to be a teacher in Relief Society and have wonderful teachers and leaders that have helped me gain the testimony that I hold dear to my heart.

See these are just a few, literally a few, things that make me happy to live in my own shoes. I guess I wouldn't really want to switch lives with anyone for a day. Not even a celebrity because I think I have the better life.

No comments: